Sunday, March 15

My standards or theirs?

I have always thought of spent my time doing things that I want to (going to gym, reading books, studying, going shopping alone) or spending time with my friends (watching movie, have a tea together, shopping, chatting, etc). Okay, I know what you may be thinking, but yes, I am an introvert person. This thing had always disturbed me of what should I do? Keeping in touch with friends or spending your quiet time alone? I could never make decision on this. And it REALLY bother me a lot.

my messy little study table. yes, mel is a messy gurl.take it or leave it!

Last week, I have gain many insight on this issue when I got back to my hometown. I actually talked about this to my mom and she consulted my aunt. My aunt told my mom that people who like me, often prefer to spent time doing my own things, organizing things is utilizing my time for the fullest; while people who always spending their time with others is because they do not know what they should do, and as such, they just follow the bandwagon along. (I'm not saying I'm right and people who do so is wrong, my aunt is actually referring me and my another cousin sister)

So true, that these words actually lighten my thinking bulb. Yes, why I should let others decide what I do? Often than not, I feel that it’s a little troublesome to go shopping with your friends (especially those who don't have the same taste as you). You have to wait for them to try out/browse through at shops that you couldn't find any nice clothes; you have to walk the miles to look for clothes for them. Phew! What a time! I don't know how they feel otherwise, but I will definitely get tired about it.

my nail art. okay... i know, it's ugly TOT

Same thing applies to recent issue on deciding whether I should join psychology student council or peer support group. The advantage of being in student council will of course be you will regarded as the "in group" and most people would actually recognize you / respect you, you get to organize many events, you would get to know a lot of new friends. The downturn would be you have to run for a campaign for votes, might not win in the campaign, might not like working with people inside, get too busy and stressed up. As for psg....that is actually a club that I wanna join. You see, I will get to learn alot of things on how to support and motivating others. But the only bad thing about psg is that chances I getting into the committee members would be slim. You were selected by the senior committee rather than popularity. So how's that??

Guess what, in the end, I chose Peer Support Group. What my roommate says is so true. In the end, the one who do all the tasks would be you. Not the people around you. So, you have to really make sure you LIKE what you're doing. So... what I learnt here to BE MYSELF. What are norms? Norms are what majority do. What majority do is not necessarily right. So, set you own norms, do according your standards and be yourself! Go mel!!!!!!!!


Set GOALS:
1. Be an active badminton member
2. Join PSG and be a active member
3. Go for all of their GMs, Events


xoxo
MELISSA
You laugh because I'm different...........
I laugh cause I just farted!

No comments: