Sunday, May 17

The Etiquette of Opening a Present

It was at A&W where I held my 10th birthday. I remember that year how I freaked my mom out when I invited everyone to A&W before she even booked a place there. Well, that left her with no choice but to help there. Yeah, it was my most GLAMOROUS birthday (at that time, who want to celebrate their 21st birthday at A&W anymore?).

Everyone was eyeing on the third colorfully wrapped box that I held, warily; wondering when I will reach the 7th present. It seems to take forever. So do me. The reason I’d been opening so slowly was not because the present paper was so unique that I wanted to keep it (at least some of them are really pretty one) but was because I didn’t want to tear away those effort they put into carefully wrapping it. Oh God, I know how difficult to wrap something especially when it is not rectangular shape (that doesn’t mean I don’t give credits to those box-shaped ones, I do. It is still difficult dude). At that time, the feeling of tearing off the present paper into shreds means tearing my friend’s heart too. Fear of getting anyone upset about that is a no no thing. So I took the long way instead. I first scrape off the tape one by one until the present came out. Well, I should say that normally the way they wrapped the present impress me more than the gifts. Well, what to do, we were just poor little kids and we have standard typical gifts right? Pencil box, clock, note book, and blab la bla.

Okay, the main purpose here wasn’t about the best present in the world (hey, perhaps this gonna be a gud discussion topic next time), but how should you open a present that is tightly wrapped with a thousand layers of tape. Since Sangee’s birthday is around the corner. I think the best way to wrap her present would be tapeless if I wanted her to open right in front of me. Perhaps you should share your experience here too. Well, to be honest, I don’t have definite answer here. (Don’t worry; I’ll be changing my blogskin soon so that it is made commendable for every post). But still, you can choose to leave a comment at the tag board. But actually, I think its pretty dead huh my blog. Sometimes, it made me wonder who da heck I’m talking tu. >.<

p/s:i hope you like the new skin, anonymous. I wasted my whole day to look for the right one

Xx Mel

No comments: