Saturday, June 27

Bon Odori Malaysia 2009



D
ate: 18th July 2009 (Sat.)
Venue: Kompleks Sukan Negara
(Panasonic Sports
Complex)
Admission: Free
Programme
17:00 Gates Open 19:00 Opening - Drum Performance 19:15 Enjoy the Cultural Dance Part 1 19:45 Dance by Guest Performers 20:00 Enjoy the Cultural Dance Part 2 20:30 Dance by Guest Performers 20:45 Enjoy the Cultural Dance Part 3 21:15 Closing Address


Due to the limieted number of parking bays, participants are strongly recommended to utilise the KTM.
Free Shuttle Bus services will be provided to transport participants from the KTM Shah Alam Station (Section 19) to the Kompleks Sukan Negara and vice versa.
This free shuttle service is available from 4pm to 11pm.

For enquiries, please call Japan Information Service, Embassy of Japan at 03-2177-2600 or the Japan Club at 03-2274-2274
courtesy of Japan Foundation Website

Bon odori is actually a festival to celebrate their ancestors finally reach their "place" safely. Its like celebrating the end of their ghost festival. In Japan, it is always celebrated during the summer time. I believe is a much grander one over there. Normally, the girls will wear a yukata, lol, who wanna wears a kimono during summer time? And guys will wear their yukatas too...(People seldom wear t-shirt and jeans there!!) And so, they will celebrate it in a traditional way... Performances, fireworks, paper lilies, games are normally what comes with BON ODORI. Altough I never attended one, but I heard that the Japanese (hey, I'm speaking real Japanese)will come over and sell their merchandices and games. I guess it gonna be a nice time to spend with you family, loved ones, etcetra.....

Whichever way, I must make it to BON ODORI this year... I'd been wanna to attend one since 2006. But, you know, I always miss the date. Oh well.. I wish I can make iot there this year.... Hurm, I guess I should start working on my yukata and clogs.... ^^
P/s: anyone interested? call me... we can go together perhaps...

No comments: