Monday, July 6

Da Vincci Code by Dan Brown



Plot: It is a quest to protect the secretive Holy Grail that has been brought down over the centuries which was believed to be inherited since the death of Jesus, which otherwise may be lost forver after the death of a janitor in Louvre Meseum. Throughout the quest more mystery was uncovered by Sophie, the grandaughter of the janitor and Robert Langdon, a lecturer on symbiologist.

I actually bought this book years ago but I left it untouched until recently I watched the movie tie in. I remembered when I first read this book, I felt so lost (mostly because I'm plainly bad in reading) and I just could not make a sense out of it. However after I watched the movie version of this book, straight away I grabbed this old dusty book and start flipping over the pages.

The thing that I love about this book is the way the author sneak in many interesting history, theory, and both true and fake facts. I also find interesting as to how the way the plot twist and turn according to the symbols and tips that is deciphered each time. It's really and mind boggling, adventurous, unexpected ending throughout the story. Thumbs up! I guess this book is suitable for those who get bored with those common-story-plots that you always read.

Although I personally liked this fiction very much, some other commentators may not. For example, some facts that were put in are not entirely true (you can check it out at Wikipedia), and the way the Catholic church was propagandize as the antagonist in this story was not well accepted amongst a few groups of people.

Nevertheless, it all left to your own judgement. I depends on your personal likings. Some of my friends said the understand nuts about this story, some say its awesome, some even have no comment on this story (neutral sahaja). However, I should say its worth to spend some of your time reading some books during your hols. Happy Hols people~!

No comments: