Saturday, February 12

Chinese New Year 2011

Aside from getting fat around Chinese New Year because you can't resist the temptations of the-every-year-also-same or every-house-also-have-the-same cookies and keropok, there's so much more to talk about this auspicious CNY :D

Now, I'm here to update the happenings back in Kuantan. Laughter, Fatt Choy and Reunion was inevitable and oh.. oh... red packets.

If you think they're holding real money, then you're wrong! It's actually a money-like angpow that I bought from TTDI pasar malam during Hari Raya

Didn't receive much thou this year, cz didn't do alot of visit to friend's place. These days, when Yi Won wasn't around to initiate all those gatherings with other gangs, I rarely see them anymore. But, that doesn't mean meeting up with my old gang wasn't fun and significant at all. It was actually, the other way round! We gambled alot, laughed and joke about each other. And, I learned how to play 8+6 too!

Initially, I thought, it would be an awkward gathering since all of us has almost lost touch with each other ever since we moved on to further our studies. Though some of them do stay in touch from time to time (ie: Jin Han and CM ; the obvious SOo n Sam). However, without consciously knowing it, we clicked straight away! You could imagine Soo starts gossiping loudly, and Sam getting lost in conversation, while JH and Chuan Meng being blur and funny, and the rest laughing like nobody's business.

That could've explain why we're good buddies in the 1st place and also our personality hasn't changed (um, I'm not sure if that's a good thing).

On the Fatt Choy part, I didn't really Fatt Choy much. Few of us decided to burn the midnight oil - to play mahjong. Everyone slept very early that day, 5am. I didn't stay on with them, cz I'm a 12-o-clock-auto-shutdown person, so I died halfway, but I can still hear the mahjong clanking even while I'm dreaming. Hahaha, those people-really gangho sial!

Managed to learn some mahjong tricks from Mommy while playing. Afterall, mahjong is not 100% luck, it's about you being attentive to the cards that people discard and the stuff that people looking for. So you need kinda brain thing to become a good player.

The mahjong gurus.

And lastly, the reunion part, it wasn't as bad as mychonny's family reunion parody [watch youtube below]. My mommy didn't embarrass me in front of my cousins. My uncle didn't suggest Mommy to sell me away to China. Hahaha. Maybe it was like that for others aunties and uncle (mind you, I really heard very bad stories from my friend's aunties/uncle), but mine is good and I'm grateful to have them.

No comments: