Thursday, April 23

An Affair With Arts

An Affair with Arts

Hey peeps.

Exam is over. And now I have the time to spend on blogging again. Okay, many things has happened recently. Tough I'm not sure where to begin with. I'll share the most interesting part of it with you, which is my fascination about art.

I may not be creative, I may not draw well, I may not dance well, I may not be able to express myself well, I don't think so I dress tastefully. BUT what I'm sure is that I love to see arts. I like to go for art exhibition (photography & paintings), stage play (although I'd never been to one before; I'd seen it at Astro once - I straight away liked it!), fashion shows, and weird accessories.

It is from arts that I enjoy how people see something which is simple and express it in a complicated way; vice versa. The things about art is that - we just take granted of a lot of things that happened around us. For example, the recent play called "Stage Therapy" which is a combination of several other short play. One of the titles talked about A Smile in The Train. I guess, most of us have never noticed people's expression in the train. Once, my roommate told me that how awesome these 'city people' see through your face expressionlessly in the train. Yeah, people basically looked tired, bored, day dreaming, etc in the train. As if the moment while they're in the train has no life. Even I myself, I pretty much get used to this entire “dead people" in the train and become one of them after some time. Haha. But do you know, how much change would you bring into if you simply put a cheesy smile on your face while you're in the train? Well perhaps, not laughing hysterically (you might just place a shit on other's pants). But just a sweet smile would definitely make a difference to others. At least, that’s what I believe.

Besides play, they'll also be an upcoming art exhibition called "Rear View" at Kl Pac by a Korean artist name Yang Jaebum. The interesting thing about his idea is how he sees life in a different perspective. Based on the synopsis on how they describe his artwork, I think what Jaebum try to convey is that often we forgotten to see things in a different way. Have you ever see the same thing from the front and the rearview. Please tell me they looked different. Yes, it is that difference that is different. Whenever we make a decision (shifting into a different lane) we take a look at a different angle (look at the rearview you donkey) so that we would not regret in long term (avoid other car kiss yours). Art is the mixture of creativity, philosophy and psychology in different contrast and intensity.Yeah, I really like all these things. Art inspires me a lot.

The upcoming Bazaar at Annexe Gallery is another event that I'm looking forward into. It is some art bazaar selling pretty cool things by our local artist. There are gonna be a lot of handmade accessories and clothes, ornaments, drawings, and music. Damn cool man. You definitely gonna get something which is very deviant and unique. This is the chance for you to get away from all the fashion slavery and be yourself (to me at least) and avoid from having the same booboo doll (dresses, my term) with others. Think out of the box, and see the unthinkable. I don't guarantee you'll find something you like, but I believe it will be something you'd never seen in Megamall.

Well... if you're like me, being so fetish in Arts; please lemme know. I know this kinda thing don't fancy alot of people. Most people prefer cinema over play, they like to be in line with fashion rather be different (not weird, as in like what they really like), and yeah - paintings are boring. I understand. We just have some different hobbies and passion. Whatever please comment. Don't spy and leave. I know.

p/s: know any interesting this kinda thing coming up, must let Mel know. I will appreciate it a lot.

Bye for now. I have to start to prepare for tomorrow's interview.

No comments: